This past work-practice weekend July 15th - July 17th, in preparation of the large gathering September 3rd event was a tremendous success. Ten volunteers came for a complete weekend of Mariamma and fire puja practice for world peace and for a balanced combination of work and play.
Our evening fire gatherings were ornamented with corn and baked potatoes made on the hot applewood coals and the vibes were filled with joy, harmony and love.
For those who missed this opportunity to join into the blessing stream, a second work weekend has been scheduled for the weekend of August 5th, 6th and 7th. The best scenario if for people to arrive on Friday evening, set up their sleeping arrangements either by tent or in the lodge and participate through until Sunday evening (or beyond) around 4:30PM.
Please make sure to confirm participation so we can plan properly by emailing us at email@example.com
Bodhivastu Retreat and Healing Sanctuary
126 Lost Clove Road
Big Indian, New York
1. Arrive Friday August 5th anytime morning through evening
2. Set up tents and fire place
3. Enjoy first evening together
4. Day One (Augist 6th), start with brief Mariamma practice / first day of work…report to team leader for assignment. Work can be done with Shakyamuni mantra accumulation as it is a Buddha Miracle day, the day Buddha first turned the Wheel of Dharma (Chokhor Duchen).
5. Lunch break
6. Continue SEVA
7. Wash up and Dinner
8. Evening fun program II
9. Repeat the next day
10: Sunday at 3:30PM clean up (All please make sure to help on this point)
11. Depart by 4:30 PM August 7th or arrange or stay onward
Tent / Sleeping bags / Tarp
Your Guitar or Tablas (or whatever you may have, flute etc.)
Work clothes and change of clothes
Mosquito or bug repellant
Sun block / Sun hat and Refillable water bottle, Love
Garden tools (need a mower, stiff rakes, shovels, chain saw, power washer, scrapers, weed whackers, trowels, etc)
Extra house paint (all kinds if in reasonable shape, i.e. not too old and dried out)
Paintbrushes Work Gloves Dust masks
Items to Donate:
A WORKING lawn mower or riding mower, Garden tools,
Shrubbery (such as Azaleas, rhododendron, boxwood, elephant grass) and flower seeds or seedlings, Mulch, garden hoses (not leaky ones please)
Foods and snacks and beverage of all kinds:
Some will be supplied as well but bring whatever you can muster please.
1. Cleaning, painting and arranging kitchen and dining area (spray paint and re-install tube lights in kitchen) Exchange stove jets with new Propane jets.
2. Landscaping, some land leveling
3. Stair construction and cement pouring
You may come for the entire weekend or for a day, whatever your schedule will allow.
Response is necessary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan for your attending.