04/28/15 - 12:30pm EST
Images taken by Dawa Lama, one of our correspondents in the Boudhanath, Kathmandu area (pictured above)
- Death Toll surpasses 5,000
- Heavy aftershocks are continual amounting to more than 130 upon last field report, some of which are registering at 5.0 and above
- Some banks slowly opening
- Main roads beginning to open where possible allowing for easier transportation of food and other resources
- Some food suppliers starting to distribute urgent supplies.
- We have opened contact with food sources and made arrangements for some initial pickups for distribution to Yolmo and Sankhu.
- Tents are erected in Sankhu center and water supply is operational
- Planning is going on to determine means of transport to the sites.
- Our 4 paramedics on hold until pathway from airport to Sankhu confirmed
- Support for solar power satellite phones being sought to accompany the team
- $5,000 wired to our Nepal account as a first wave and test of collection
- Local Bodhivastu volunteer staffing increases to 8 in-office
- Some basic requests of water, medicines and tents coming in from Boudhanath area for small groups with children.